A Primer on CUFINDER and Data Protection Best Practices
Introduction CUFinder, a leading data enrichment and lead generation platform, is committed to safeguarding your data privacy. As we explore the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) and best practices in marketing data protection, rest assured that your information is handled with the utmost care and compliance. Enacted on January 1, 2020, the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) marked a significant milestone as the inaugural comprehensive data privacy legislation in the United States. Designed to safeguard the privacy of California residents, the CCPA sets forth essential requirements for businesses that handle personal data.
Who is Governed by CCPA on CUFINDER?
If you are a for-profit organization collecting, sharing, or selling personal data of California residents and meet any of the following criteria, CCPA applies to you:
- Annual gross revenue of $25 million or more
- Processing personal information of 50,000 or more California consumers, households, or devices
- Earning over half of your annual revenue through the sale of personal information
CCPA Obligations for Companies For businesses covered by CCPA?
There are key obligations to observe regarding the collection and use of personal information:
- Provide notice and respect consumer rights to opt-out, know, and delete their data. If you wish to remove your data, please feel free to contact us using the following link in here
How CUFINDER Ensures CCPA Compliance?
Your data privacy is paramount. Here are the steps we take to ensure compliance:
- Comprehensive notice and choice program for consumers
- Product enhancements to address CCPA obligations and opt-outs
- Development of a Privacy Center for consumers to manage data preferences
- Transparency through updated privacy policies and website assets
- Expanded communication channels with a dedicated privacy team
- Rigorous data inventory and accuracy analysis
- Employee training and awareness for ongoing compliance
Considerations for CCPA Compliance To minimize liability and position your organization for success
Consider the following:
- Verify data provider's CCPA-compliant practices
- Conduct data inventory and establish data off-boarding policies
- Investigate data selling practices and comply with CCPA requirements
Protecting Your Privacy at CUFinder:
Your data privacy is our priority. Rest assured that we follow CCPA best practices and continue to uphold the highest standards in data protection. For more information on our policies, visit our Privacy Center at privacy
Notice: This information is for informational purposes only and not legal advice. For legal interpretations, seek advice from qualified legal counsel. CUFinder is committed to compliance and privacy excellence, providing you peace of mind in data protection.