Posts are the heart of your LinkedIn life. Just like in any other social media network, you need to communicate in this one as well. Yes, it is a more professional platform, but even professionals need to communicate, right? I mean, that is the only thing that separates humans from the animal realm.
Since we live in an era of information and speed, anyone might make some mistakes while posting, from miss-spelling or grammar mistakes, we might post a wrong picture or video, or share a wrong document. How to edit posts on LinkedIn when this happens? Why should we even write a post?
To edit a post on LinkedIn, go to the post and click on the three dots (...) at the top right corner of the post. From the dropdown menu, select "Edit post." Make the necessary changes to your post and click "Save."
How to edit posts on LinkedIn?
All right, do you need to edit a post? First of all, all you can edit is the texts and captions. Yeah, it is not possible to edit photos and videos. Even if you need to edit a backlink, you have to delete the post for that because editing the Link doesn’t change the original one.
- If you want to edit a post right after publishing it, you can just click on the ‘…’ in its top right and choose Edit post.
- If you’ve published the post for quite a time, you need to find it.
- Click on ‘Me’ and select ‘View Profile’
- Scroll down to reach the activity section. Your latest post is usually on the top of the list
- Click on the post you want to edit and do the job.
Why publish a post on LinkedIn?
Should we really bother so much? Are we not already too busy? Do you want to get people to notice you? That is the price!
You will build your network by posting. Yes, that is a way, and to be honest, that is one of the best ways, because when you publish something, it will get to your connections’ feed; if they decide to react to it or post a comment, their connections will notice that and they might also get involved and even decide to connect you, and the exciting part is that this chain can go on and on and you might get to connect to people who are even out of your network. Who knows, it might even attract some recruiters to your direction.
You are, in fact introducing yourself, your likes and dislikes, and so many other angles of your personality to people who are reading or watching your content on LinkedIn, isn’t that the essence of any social platform? You know, to get to know strangers even more?
You are also telling people what you do to keep progressing in your career or anything else. That may seem a simple task but will let the employers know that you are an active and ambitious person.
Also, if you have this habit of posting content about one industry regularly, you will show people the authority and knowledge you have in one specific topic.
Posts will get you on the route of successful branding. Yes, you have a personal account and business page; it is a must to try marketing your products and/or services on LinkedIn. Why? Well, because why not?
You are in the best place for finding lead generators; why not use its potential and introduce you and your company using good content? And now that you know how to edit posts on LinkedIn, you don’t need to worry about the mistakes you might make. Just publish the good content and see the result!
Related Questions & Answers
If I Edit a Post on LinkedIn Will it Repost
No, editing a post on LinkedIn will not repost it. When you edit a post, it simply updates the content of the existing post without creating a new post or notifying your connections. The changes you make to the post will be reflected in the original post, including any edits to the text, images, or attachments. However, it’s important to note that if someone has already interacted with your original post (e.g., liked, commented, or shared), they may still see the original content unless you delete the post entirely and create a new one with the updated information
Why Can’t i Edit a Linkedin Post
If you’re unable to edit a LinkedIn post, it could be due to a few reasons. First, check if the post is more than 24 hours old, as LinkedIn only allows editing within this time frame. If the post is older than 24 hours, you won’t have the option to edit it.
Another possibility is that you don’t have the necessary permissions to edit the post. LinkedIn offers different post editing capabilities depending on the post type and your account settings. For example, if you shared an article or external content, you may not be able to edit the post itself but can edit the accompanying comment or caption. Similarly, if you’re sharing a post from a company page or a group, the editing options may be restricted.
If you’re unable to edit a post and you believe you should have the necessary permissions, it’s recommended to check your LinkedIn account settings and ensure that you have the appropriate privileges. Additionally, make sure you’re accessing LinkedIn through a supported browser or the official LinkedIn mobile app, as certain third-party platforms may not offer full editing capabilities.
Why can’t I edit my LinkedIn post?
If you can’t edit your LinkedIn post, it’s likely due to one of these reasons:
- Time Limit: LinkedIn has a time limit for editing posts. Once a certain amount of time has passed since you originally posted, editing may no longer be allowed.
- Engagement: If your post has received a lot of engagement (likes, comments, shares), LinkedIn may restrict your ability to edit to maintain the integrity of the interactions.
- Technical Issue: Sometimes, technical glitches can prevent editing. In such cases, you can try again later or contact LinkedIn support for assistance.
- Privacy Settings: Ensure that your post’s privacy settings are not set to “Only Connections” or a custom setting that limits who can see and interact with your posts.
To check if you can edit a post, find the post on your LinkedIn profile or feed and click the three dots (more options) in the top-right corner of the post. If “Edit post” is available, you can make changes; otherwise, it might be due to one of the above reasons.
How do I edit a post and add a picture on LinkedIn?
To edit a post and add a picture on LinkedIn, follow these steps:
- Find Your Post: Locate the post you want to edit. You can do this by visiting your profile and scrolling down to find the post or by going to your activity feed.
- Click “Edit Post”: Click on the three dots (more options) in the top-right corner of your post. A dropdown menu will appear.
- Edit Your Post: Select “Edit post” from the dropdown menu. This will open the post in edit mode.
- Add a Picture: To add a picture, click on the camera icon or “Add photo” option, usually located below or within your post. You can then upload the image you want to include.
- Make Changes: You can edit the text of your post, add or remove content, and make any necessary changes.
- Save Changes: After you’ve made your edits and added the picture, click the “Save” or “Save changes” button.
- Review and Publish: Review your edited post to ensure it looks how you want it to. If everything is in order, click “Post” to publish the updated content.
Your edited post, now with the added picture, will appear in your LinkedIn feed and be visible to your connections and followers.
How do I edit something on LinkedIn?
To edit something on LinkedIn, such as your profile information or a post, follow these general steps:
Editing Your LinkedIn Profile:
- Log in to your LinkedIn account.
- Click on your profile picture or your name to go to your profile.
- Locate the section you want to edit (e.g., experience, education) and hover your cursor over it.
- Click the pencil icon or “Edit” option that appears.
- Make the desired changes, such as updating job details or adding skills.
- Save your changes by clicking the “Save” or “Save Changes” button.
Editing a LinkedIn Post:
- Find the post you want to edit on your activity feed or profile.
- Click the three dots (…) in the top-right corner of the post.
- Select “Edit post” from the dropdown menu.
- Edit the post content or add/remove any elements.
- Save your changes by clicking the “Save” button.
Keep in mind that specific editing options may vary depending on what you want to edit. LinkedIn regularly updates its interface, so the exact steps might change slightly over time.
CUFinder Academic Hub, Ultimately Free!
These comprehensive PDFs are your key to mastering the art of professional networking, personal branding, and strategic content creation on LinkedIn.